The purpose of the Mission and Evangelism ministry is to minister to the needs of people in our community and throughout the world. Our goal is to actively express Christ’s concern for others and to provide assistance in dealing with the problems and needs of our society.
- Sponsor activities of the Cody MOPS program
(Mothers of Preschoolers) that meets at FPCC twice each month. MOPS provides a space for mothers of preschoolers
to “connect, ignite, and grow together”.
For more information on MOPS, see their Facebook page at
- Sponsor activities of the local Food for Kids
program, a backpack ministry that sends food home with children over the
weekend, as needed. Read more about
Food for Kids on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Food-4-Kids-691869894217990/
- Gather information on congregational missions
and special projects and publicizing them in a variety
- Assist in planning special and ongoing projects, and encourage members’ involvement in them. Examples include our local highway cleanup, providing snow shoveling for those in need, providing educational awareness on issues impacting youth, etc.
- Provide assistance to or participation in
activities of local ministries such as Jubilee Inner-Town Ministries (http://www.jubileeinnertown.org/jubilees-ministries.html)
, Spirit Mountain Hospice and Brookdale Assisted Living.
- Provide financial assistance to national and international ministries and programs.
- Submit an annual budget to the Finance and
- Recommend and encourage special offerings, such
as One Great Hour of Sharing.
Evangelism and Mission Ministry contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Elders are Sarah Thomas and Roy Holm.